Application Summary and Deadlines
- Receive admission to the University of North Texas no later than January 15, 2018.
- Submit your completed Terry Scholarship application, together with your other supporting materials, to the UNT Honors College no later than January 15, 2018. Applications must be submitted no later than January 15, 2018 to be considered.
- Make sure you have submitted your official high school transcript when you apply to the university.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation must also be submitted online by January 15, 2018.
- File a FAFSA on-line between October 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018.
- Apply for on-campus housing no later than March 31, 2018. For more information, please refer to the UNT Housing website. First year Terry Scholars are required to live on-campus in a designated Terry Scholar living-learning community.
The Terry Foundation does not accept applications directly from students. Further information about the Terry Foundation may be found at their website.
Submitting your Application
As you prepare your application, you are advised to download and save a copy of the application so that you can complete a rough draft with full and complete answers before completing the application online. When you are satisfied you have complete and correct answers to the questions, you should begin the online application. Be sure to edit your essays carefully and to stay within in the word limits. Applications and all supporting materials must be received by the UNT Terry Scholarship Office no later than January 15, 2018, to be eligible for consideration. There will be no exceptions to this deadline. Completed applications are composed of the following components:
- Application - complete, electronically submitted, and digitally signed;
- Official Transcripts - of all high school and college work – should be submitted to the UNT Undergraduate Admissions Office. Applicants will be contacted if there are any questions.
- Two Letters of Recommendation – At least one of your letters should be written by one of your core subject teachers (English, math, history, science, language). Both letters should speak to your academic and leadership abilities. These letters will be electronically submitted and digitally signed by the recommenders. Letters of recommendation will be requested from your references after you submit the application. Requests for letters will then be sent automatically. You may also send the Letters of Reference to email@example.com. Letters of reference must be received by the deadline of January 15, 2018.